Prices & Specification for v6.1 GRP Hull with Teak on Glass DeckPetticrows “Teak on glass” Dragon combines the beauty of a wooden deck with the practicality of a GRP boat. Unlike a wooden decked boat, they require minimal maintenance and are a great solution for sailors who love the traditional look of the Dragon.
The hull and deck are GRP but during construction we create a small recess in the deck to allow a teak veneer deck to be laid in the recess. We carefully calculate the construction so that the boat weight and weight distribution fall within the usual parameters for a racing Dragon.
All other aspects of the v6.1 Dragon are the same as a standard GRP v6.1 Dragon
New features include:
- Cockpit “side tanks” to reduce loose water moving around the cockpit with improved drainage systems
- Increased cockpit size – by shortening the cabin roof
- Double high-speed electric pump with solar charging and Bluetooth battery checkers
- New deck non slip design – with great grip for the crew!
- Option of traditional backstay/runner position or the new “aft cassette” which improves the angle of pull on the rigging- reducing mast compression for given load
- Option of pump outlet on deck or topsides of boat (keeps the crews bum drier)
- New cleat arrangement on cuddy top with visible cleating arrangement
- 1 pull furler standard
- Improved shroud adjustment and calibration at deck level and below deck
- Fittings selected from Harken and Allen ranges as well as many custom designed and engineered fittings
- New style low stretch, lightweight sheets
- Option of traveller/barney post and chute/cockpit launch
- New Evolution mast with modernised, light, low drag, easy serviceable fittings and improved mast bend characteristics. Used by winners of the 2018 Gold Cup and 2019 World Championship
- Option for fixed or rotating gooseneck
- Option for rigid or pneumatic boom lifter
- Redesigned deck chocking system for the mast and breakwater feature
- Improved detailing and simplification of fit out
- Rope loops for mooring as standard
- Crew hiking wedges as standard and ergonomic cockpit coamings
- New improved construction methods for accurate alignment of hull, deck, keel and mast step/gate
Terms of Trading1/3rd deposit with order. 1/3rd when hull and deck are moulded. Balance upon completion.
All prices quoted are ex-works and exclude VAT.
Once a deposit has been accepted, the price will not be altered unless there is a specification change by the client in which case any additional cost will be notified to the client in writing before work proceeds.
Once a boat has been paid for in full, it is the owners responsibility to insure it, even if it is still on our premises.