Prices & Specification for v6.1 DragonFirst, there was the v6… then the v6.1 was launched at San Remo 2019
In 2017 the Petticrows highly successful v6 Dragon was created.
The v6 was a newly designed hull and keel shape which incorporated our existing (2012) deck and internal structures.
With many v6 regatta and championship victories under our belt, we decided to use digital design to re-model the deck and internal mouldings to complement the v6 hull creating the new Petticrows v6.1 model.
Look closely at the new v6.1 and you will notice that there are a host of new and improved features to keep Petticrows up to date with the most modern ideas and innovations. Constant review and input from some of the world’s top sailors allow us to continually refine our Dragons.
New features include:
- Cockpit “side tanks” to reduce loose water moving around the cockpit with improved drainage systems
- Increased cockpit size – by shortening the cabin roof
- Double high-speed electric pump with solar charging and Bluetooth battery checkers
- New deck non slip design – with great grip for the crew!
- Option of traditional backstay/runner position or the new “aft cassette” which improves the angle of pull on the rigging- reducing mast compression for given load
- Option of pump outlet on deck or topsides of boat (keeps the crews bum drier)
- New cleat arrangement on cuddy top with visible cleating arrangement
- 1 pull furler standard
- Improved shroud adjustment and calibration at deck level and below deck
- Fittings selected from Harken and Allen ranges as well as many custom designed and engineered fittings
- New style low stretch, lightweight sheets
- Option of traveller/barney post and chute/cockpit launch
- New Evolution mast with modernised, light, low drag, easy serviceable fittings and improved mast bend characteristics. Used by winners of the 2018 Gold Cup and 2019 World Championship
- Option for fixed or rotating gooseneck
- Option for rigid or pneumatic boom lifter
- Redesigned deck chocking system for the mast and breakwater feature
- Improved detailing and simplification of fit out
- Rope loops for mooring as standard
- Crew hiking wedges as standard and ergonomic cockpit coamings
- New improved construction methods for accurate alignment of hull, deck, keel and mast step/gate
Images of the new v6.1 layouts
Terms of Trading1/3rd deposit with order. 1/3rd when hull and deck are moulded. Balance upon completion.
All prices quoted are ex-works and exclude V.A.T which is payable in the country of destination.
Once a deposit has been accepted, the price will not be altered unless there is a specification change by the client in which case any additional cost will be notified to the client in writing before work proceeds.
Once a boat has been paid for in full, it is the owners responsibility to insure it, even if it is still on our premises.
This offer is subject to the BMIF standard conditions of contract, version August 1999. Copy available on request.